Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Please pray for Jamie


Jamie is Josh's sponsored child. Please pray for a miracle:

Baby Jamie, only 7 months old, was hospitalized in February and diagnosed with leukoencephalopathy (a terminal brain disease which destroys the brain). He fought for life through many complications involving respiratory distress, severe anemia, cerebral meningitis, seizures, and GI bleeds requiring 2 transfusions. As his body systems began shutting down, hope of survival faded and I left my phone on at night, expecting the dreaded call. One day on my drive to the hospital, I feared what I would find because I was told on the phone that Jamie’s IV antibiotics were stopped and oxygen had been discontinued. Through my tears, I started listening to the words coming from Ray Boltz on my car’s CD player.

…There’s a voice that’s deep inside you, saying it’s time to stand in faith. Dare to believe, that miracles happen, yeah. The mountains still move, and demons must flee. The God that we serve, He is much more than able, yes He is, so don’t be afraid to stand up and say, “I dare to believe.”

I made a decision right then to dare to believe. Miraculously, Jamie was breathing, and his oxygen saturation was 100%. Over the next week, his systems began functioning again and he appeared to be a little more stable. In the two months since his hospital release, Jamie has become physically stronger, but follow-up CT scans show his brain is deteriorating. Doctors in the US Children’s Medical Center have agreed to examine Jamie, so we drove to the Embassy to request a medical visa for him. Turning on the CD player, the above song was playing once again. I prayed while officers considered his case, and giving God the glory, Jamie was granted a visa. He is now in the US, and we don’t know the end of his story yet, but we are reminded that we are to endure through every circumstance. God tells us to “pray without ceasing”, so please join us as we continue to intercede for Jamie!

The above is copied from the HIS Home news letter written by Chris... below is from Tracy, Jamie's "host mom"...

Today I met with the doctors in the US with him and they told me... well, I can't see what I am typing with the tears welling up in my eyes but, I am going to listen to the voice deep inside me saying it is time to stand in faith.... Jamie's story is far from over only God knows where this road will take him and those that have the blessing to share in his story! Please help us in prayer for this beautiful "perfect" child of God!

No comments: